domingo, 26 de agosto de 2007

Why isn't Grammar Everything

Encontrei este texto no meio de um material sobre gramática que recebi na sessão de treinamento para professores da Richmond. Não sei de quem é a autoria, mas é engraçadíssimo.

Dear Son

Just a few lines to let you know that I am still alive. I am writing this slowly because I know that you can't read fast. You won't recognize the house when you come home. We've moved.

About your father, he has got a lovely new job. He has 500 men under him. He cuts grass at the cemetery. Your sister Mary had a baby this morning. I haven't found out yet whether it's a boy or a girl, so I don't know if you're an aunt or an uncle.

I went to the doctor's on Thursday and your father came with me. The doctor put a small tube in my mouth and told me not to talk for 10 minutes. Your father offered to buy it from him.

Your uncle Patrick drowned last week in a barrel of Irish whiskey at the Dublin brewery. Some of his workmates tried to save him but he fought them off bravely. They cremated him and it took 3 days to put the fire out.

It only rained twice this week, once for 3 days, then again for four days. We had a letter from the undertaker. He said that if the last payment on your grandmother's grave wasn't paid in 7 days, up she comes.

Your loving Mother,
P.S. I was going to send you five pounds, but I've alredy sealed the envelope.

Um comentário: